Sunday, November 23, 2008

Asked Bobby Dylan, asked the Beatles, asked Timothy Leary...he couldn't help me either

The majority of my two decades in existence, I have fallen in and out of love. All kinds of love. True love
Lust-filled love
Sad Love
Best Friend Love
Comrade Love
Fake Love
Damaged Love
Young Love
One Sided Love
U2 Love

Not a single time has something ended with a happiness other than "she'll be more happy with him than me" or "she'll be happier now that I'm not holding her back." Little things to make me feel better while the pain eats at me like a slow burning acid. I am in fact the kind of man who falls in love, some kind of love, with every woman that has ever shared an intimate moment with me.
The relationship can survive eight months, on and off for several years, one night stands, and even passers by on the street when our eyes meet for an eternal moment as our opposite, paralleling paths meet perpendicular standing point. No matter how long or short the length and the depth and shallow points of the deepest parts of our interactions, there is always an impression left on my body by her. Some retain pieces of my heart, others leave scars and scratches that I will notice at a glance and then suffer through flashes of rage and love as it projects images across the inside of my skull, as if the brain is watching a private screening.
The most common scar is left on the ears, for all of them leave this impression whether or not they affect my heart or weak human flesh. All of them have a song, some written by past musical poets, some from my own hand and ink. Today's reflection is the collection, the album, the anthology of my love life.

KSJ= I've Just Seen A Face - The Beatles
CAL= Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin
IRA= Nice Guys Finish Last - Green Day
KG= Day Tripper - The Beatles
SH= Billie Jean - Chris Cornell
MLC= Strange and Beautiful - Aqualung
Handsome Devil - Working Class Rebels
Time Of Your Life - Green Day
KH= Girls Got Rhythm - AC/DC
I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie
Irish Red - Working Class Rebels
Helter Skelter - The Beatles
CL= All Because of You - U2
One - U2
I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace
Dust Under My Boots - Working Class Rebels
JN= This Night - Black Lab
RS= Instant Karma - John Lennon
CA= The Little Things Give You Away - Linking Park
ERG= Hey, What'd Do You Say - Kenny Wayne Shepherd
DD= Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - U2
SB= Hold On Loosely - 38 Special
LS= Wasting Love - Iron Maiden
HG= Starlight - Muse
The Seeker - The Who
MLS= Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
MC= Let It Die - Three Days Grace

There is a house, in en-ci-no, they call the rising sun...its been the ruin, of many a poor boy
God, I know, I'm one

I'm sorry if the initials of the various women throughout my life confuse you, I doubt even those that know me after hanging me over the edge of a volcano could interpret all the identities. No, not even Shan Yu could figure all of them out. Hell, I doubt I could.
The purpose of today's masochistic revival of my past is to prove that love is filled with pain, and some scars never heal. It is painfully true. One particular scar was stitched badly and never quite stopped bleeding, even after three years. My strength poured onto the floor every time my heart beat I lost drops of the love cursed blood that pounds from my various pulses. Even now, after regaining that same love after 36 months of silence I feel pain because 3000 miles of tainted purple mountain and drugged plain stand in my way of her warm touch but not her intoxicating scent. Making the journey now would only cause me to reap my badly planted seeds as they spring from the soil premature to the harvest. It would be putting a beautiful animal like love into a cage and waiting for the warmth to disappear into the icy bars. I can contain my loving, wild animal...but I am still bleeding.
True love can only be discovered and tamed by the strong of heart, mind, soul, and especially the will. Not only must it be found and caught, but it requires care to keep it...not a cage. Cage an animal like love, and all that come of it are scars.
Good Night.

I Am Jack's Iron Will

coming soon...who watches the Watchmen?

1 comment:

ms said...

oh sjb...i believe i do know who quite a few of the girls are.

you say a cage is not the right approach... in a way, freezing your heart could also be seen as keeping it in a cage.

<3mala