"True, but I like the way you say it."- Malcolm Reynolds and River Tam (Serenity)
I got my motorcycle back for the first time sine December and it is love at first sight all over again. I bought a vehicle with my own money from the sweat of my own back. I fixed it with my own hands and filled up her tank with my own cash. I didn't have anywhere to go, I had no map or destination...hell, I hardly had a starting point. But I drove...I rode...I flew...and I love it.
The simple things in life are truly the best.
I named her Kiara, which means "Black and Mysterious" in Gaelic. She is my love of freedom from her handlebars down to the chrome crash-bars that protect her engine...her heart. Which leads me to my metaphor of the day.
I've had my crash-bars around my heart for too long. I have pushed away the useless, moronic, brown-nosing, bastard, and all around pricks in my life away for the better. But in doing so I have pushed away people I love and need. They bounce of my chrome armor just like anyone else. Well, I'm putting them away and my only armor is my skin. (But I'm keeping the crash-bars on Kiara, she needs them in case one of these psycho, idiot LA drivers decides to make an attempt on my life) Not only am I taking off my armor, but I'm going to drive people around me to be there best and be my best and make everyone happy. You say I'm a dreamer...perhaps, but the true description of me is that I don't believe in the "no-win" cituation. I believe everyone deserves a little happiness, and I'm gonna give it to them. Its the simplest thing in the world.
I Am Jack's Simplicity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good read and good striving. Bringing the best out in others is never a worthless endeavor. I like reading your posts, and it has been too long since I have had an opportunity to read your brain. I enjoy it!
Post a Comment