If I turn into another, dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
-Incubus
I've come to realize that there are people you love, people you hate, and people on the fence. No matter the relationship to any of these said people, they are all counterparts in your/my life. For instance, there is a girl I know that I have come to have cold and bitter feelings towards, but I still remember her as the one who made me realize I can still love a girl. She makes me want to be the good guy. Whenever I hear Dig by Incubus, I think of her. Wish I could hate her.
Counterpart
Then there's Rapier, one of my best friends...who is a flake, a liar, and disloyal on constant occasion. He makes me see how true my other friends are when put on a comparison with him. Still love him, but he'd take a pair of pretty eyes and toned legs...no, any female legs over hanging with me any day. He reminds me what not to do to my friends. Wish I could hate him.
Counterpart
My high school sweetheart whom I've been carrying a torch for since senior year taught me that still being in love with someone for that long without any kind of returned feelings is detrimental to ones health. Although, she does make me want to be myself. I wish I could hate her.
Counterpart
The bum on the street who begs for money, who could be a con-man dressed in dirty clothes reminds me that I have to work hard in order to survive.
Counterpart
I have friends who are all around good and some that are complete bastards. Everyone we know is a piece working and sharing kinetic energy with one another. Hating them is hard to do.
I could rant about the people I do hate...but its too easy of a piece to write.
I Am Jack's Incubus
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment